Monday, March 23, 2009

Blowin' In The Wind....

Nooo not the old song...today's weather, here in Arkansas!! WOW I was afraid I was gonna lose a dog when I put them out to potty today!! LOL!!

Anyhoooo, I hope all is well in your corner of the world! I didn't get alot accomplished this weekend, creativity wise, BUT I did clean my space, and WOW it is organized ( ' til I start back at it in a few minutes).

This is a little card I just kinda "put together" on a whim. I want to do more Single Layer cards, and that is what I was after here. I went to one of my favorite 'Fall To' sets, SU's Best Blossoms. This set is just SO versitile! I did a reverse mask of Close To Cocoa, then stamped the leaves in Old Olive and the flowers in Pretty in Pink. The large flower is cut and mounted on dimensionals. The sentiment is an OLD SU set...I HAD stamped it directly onto the card, but due to BAD trimming, I had a funky line, so I had to do a quick fix. Daggone it, now it isn't a real single layer...LOL! I had a little space that needed "something" so my MS butterfly came to the rescue. This card is going to my Mom...she wants a bunch of Thinking of You cards to send to some of her friends. This works!
Well, I am headed to the Craft Desk to play! I hit my head HARD while organizing lastnight, so I will NOT be bending over...LOL! I have an Easter Egg shaped and colored bump on my forehead...good grief! I hope you are all having a WONDERFUL Monday...
Rubber Hugs,
Julie

5 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous, Julie! :)

I'm in the process of trying to get things organized... LOL, the key being TRYING. Man, it's tough!

JulieA said...

Oh, I really like this! the colors are so soft and the butterfly is the perfect touch!

Barb said...

I love this one, so delicate & pretty. Your "bump" sounds very attractive...lol

Nicola said...

Very pretty card. Simple yet it really stands out.

Hugs
Nic

very_inky_fingers said...

This card is just beautiful!! Soft and delicate.